Social Media Consulting
IMPORTANT INFORMATION For Asthma and Allergy Sufferers
PRODUCT REVIEW: Sauber Intelligence SI-200 Cleaning System
With over 7 million Aussies with more around the world are suffering with Asthma and Allergies, it’s no wonder innovative products to help us live healthier lives are entering the market, such as the Sauber Intelligence SI-200 Cleaning System.
Dust Mite droppings trigger Asthma Attacks and Allergies such as hayfever and congestion. Just because you can’t see them, doesn’t mean they are not there. Even if you don’t have Asthma or Allergies, there are other health considerations such as, disturbed sleep and eczema.
Now, before you read and watch my Product Review below, I would like you to watch this very short video clip.
Now, press PLAY….
That video makes to really think about what’s crawling around your home!
Firstly, it looked very modern with its sleek brushed chrome body, LCD display, several attachable heads and adjustable height pole. But what impressed me the most is that is it cleans the air while you vacuum and selected to be on the “Sensitive Choice” program endorsed by the National Asthma Council Australia. I was given demo and I thought what an awesome product, certainly an intelligent machine that’s for sure!
I gave my feedback on the day, see my first impressions from the Bloggers Brunch in November with 50 of the TOP 50 Aussie Mums who blog in the video below!
Now, press PLAY….
Now, no one in my immediate family has Asthma, there are some allergies including eczema, but nothing serious, so why would this product even take my interest? A few reasons, new baby who’s crawling EVERYWHERE…! It’s an innovative product and knowing there was a product on the market that could match or even beat my trusty Dyson I am interested! Let’s see if it stacks up!
I tried to find something ‘wrong’ with the Sauber Intelligence SI-200. I gave myself at least a month of serious cleaning and ‘nesting’ to uncover what it can’t do well. I think I have cleaned every inch of my home twice or more and if I had a dog, I would have cleaned it too! LOL! I failed miserably. True. In fact, the only thing I have against the Sauber Intelligence SI-200 is that it has a bag to replace, which creates added expense to the household budget, which my trusty old Dyson doesn’t, I just have to clean it out with water and a cloth. But for the sake of the quietness of the machine and 5 stage filtering system with a HEPA Filter, I’m going to let go of the issue I have with replacing the bag.
My vacuum checklist/wishlist:
- Lightweight machine for lifting and moving
- Easy to move from room to room without added stress on the back
- Hose swivels 360 degrees without being twisted
- Suction Head slides under the furniture with ease
- Long power cable & cable return doesn’t flick up and hit you in the leg
- Quick & easy to follow instruction Manual
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Energy saving options
- Easy to dismantle and store away
- Quiet so it doesn’t scare my kids
- Able to vacuum the blinds without ripping them off the fittings
- Doesn’t blow dust back out the the air vents
Check, check check… for each one!
Now, you will notice I haven’t included “Endorsed by a national body” because before now I didn’t think I would consider it. However… having made many serious purchases over the years for our family home, I am now ever more careful about where our money is spent and not ‘wasted’ on a useless product, especially if it is a significant investment. Knowing that the Sauber Intelligence is backed by a nationally recognized body (National Asthma Council Australia) supporting and promoting the health and wellbeing of Aussie families, I now choose to “think before I spend!” Visiting the Sensitive Choice® now gives me the confidence in buying products that support my need for a healthy and safe home.
You’d be excused for thinking the Sauber is “just another vacuum cleaner”, but let me share with you why it’s NOT!
PRODUCT REVIEW IN DETAIL:
For those who like detail and drilling down to the nitty gritty, this bit is for you! I like detail too, you’re not alone… I like to know how things work and what they do and why. Below I have covered each of the heads that are provided as part of the Sauber Intelligence SI-200 Cleaning System with examples and benefits for each attachment for cleaning.
If you would simply prefer to watch how I have used them around the home and sit it in action, I have created a video for you it’s about 5 short minutes, so go put the kids to bed, grab a cuppa, come back – then sit back and relax….
Now, press PLAY….
So? What do you think now?Don’t forget to leave a comment under my video on YouTube or this blog post to let me know what you think
ELECTRONIC CONTROL HANDLE
- Controls the level of suction more or less as needed.
- Controls the Auto adjustment for the Auto Floor head and PowerClean Head, which adjusts to the type of flooring, from floorboards, carpet to tiles.
- Controls and starts the PowerClean Head and PowerClean Brush for a deeper clean.
What I loved most about this function is the ease of being able to control everything from the handle without having to keep bending down to the body to change the controls, right at the tips of your fingers. Even that there are controls for the machine, most vacuums you get one setting, that’s it! Let’s face it we are all time poor and this makes for efficient cleaning!
Loved it and very handy, no faults here.
- Adjustable tube up and down
- Easy to remove for when the tube is not needed
Sometimes when cleaning you just don’t need all the parts, like when cleaning your vertical blinds or furniture, for example a baby’s change table. Being able to remove the tube easily and quickly helps you get into those hard to reach places where you can’t use a pole.
As a shortie myself, I like that I am able to easily slide the tube up and down to my height level or longer when I need to reach the corners of the room for cobwebs or on top of the fans.
What can I say, it works well.
- Motorised cleaning head with light
- Cleans the air as you vacuum
- Goes low enough to reach under furniture
- Swivels so that the tube and head easily reaches hard to reach places
- Deep cleans carpets, rugs, tiles, floorboards, and slate.
- Is fairly quiet when power is not sent to the head does have a slight rattle but that is due to the motor in the head which is acceptable.
This is my favourite cleaning tool with the Sauber Intelligence.
This head is very impressive I have to say. Every time I used it I felt like I was REALLY cleaning the carpet, compared to the Dyson, my trusty upright vacuum cleaner. When I looked at the carpet after I had cleaned it, I could actually see where I had cleaned, whereas my Dyson I would feel like I had to do it all over again in minutes, it just didn’t look like it picked up anything. The suction is incredible especially on high!
The PowerClean Head when used along the walls would pick up anything that is just next to the wall, whereas the Dyson you have to keep bending over to push the pieces away from the walls. I like the fact I didn’t have to go over the floor in the same spot more than once. I like that I can use it on full suction or adjust it to the flooring as needed. For rugs this is especially helpful. Best of all you if you don’t need it, you can save energy by turning off the PowerClean Head!
Seriously incredible tool!
- Motorised cleaning head with Vacuflex™ used for upholstery, bedding and car seats.
- Fairly quiet when on full suction can be used on tube or without (see my video above used on the armchair)
- Also you don’t have to use the Vacuflex™ with this one, it can be removed.
I didn’t realise just how dusty my lounge furniture was until I used this tool (embarressing!) I first used it without the additional power switched on, which really just didn’t do much but make the brush turn and flick the dust up to the surface, it didn’t suck it down the pole! But when I turned on the power to the head and put it on the highest suction level, OMG! The dust just got sucked right up! It took a few minutes to clean the armchair (see video) but it now a 10+ year old armchair looks almost brand new!
Very, very impressed with this head my second favourite from the Sauber Intelligence Cleaning System. You’d find it hard to find anything that could match this on the non-commercial market.
AUTOMATIC FLOOR HEAD
- Automatically adjusts suction to the type of flooring you are cleaning
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Works well under furniture and along walls
A general purpose head that is great for tiles and floorboards. Easy to use, and auto adjusts so that you don’t have to keep changing the setting on the head. Again a great time saver and better on your back so you don’t have to bend over so much!
Really can’t find a fault with it.
SMALL COMBINATION TOOL
- BRUSH – perfect for hard to reach areas that need a little extra help moving dust etc., such as behind the washing machine or dryer. I found this one great for cobwebs and along curtain box frames.
- FLAT HEAD – I found this tool great for vertical blinds, on top of fans, nursery furniture like the change table to remove dust. Set on a low suction it doesn’t pull down your blinds or make it difficult to clean, but still cleans well!
I loved how this tool is combined as one, easy to use and clean afterwards.
- Small narrow tool for hard to reach areas between furniture or along skirting boards and carpet edges.
Thought this was a great universal tool which every home needs. This was a little noisier than the others which is to be expected.
Can’t fault it, it is what it is!
- Small tool which attaches to the Crevice tool for cleaning radiators or air vents including bathroom and laundry fans and vents.
When used with the Crevice Tool on my fireplace vents it was able to get right into the narrow sections and helped to work off the soot and dust on the vents using the brush. I was impressed that it didn’t scratch the vents either, which is another positive.
Again, this was a little noisier than the others which is to be expected. Can’t fault it.
DESIGN, MOVEMENT & STORAGE
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to move around the house, won’t tip or fall on crawling little people
- All parts detach quickly and easily for compact storage in a cupboard, under the stairs, or under bed.
- Clear & easy to read LCD display
- The cable is very long and doesn’t flick into the machine like other similar models I’ve used do.
In my humble opinion, I would personally save long and hard to get a machine like this and treat it as an investment. Available exclusively from Godfrey’s stores www.godfreys.com.au you know you are going to get the information, customer service and support you need. If you are focused on your family’s wellbeing, don’t cut corners, don’t get the new flat screen for the rumpus room, forget the IPad you don’t need, ditch the fast foods each week for a while and you will be able to access a worthy investment of your hard earned coin! This is not a product to be sniffed at because in fact it is now so popular there is limited stock! That’s right people!
Ask yourself this, what is your family’s wellbeing worth to you? You can’t afford NOT to get a Sauber!
I tried to find a negative with the Sauber Intelligence SI-200 Cleaning System, to be honest I could only come up with that it has a bag as I’m used to a bagless vacuum, that’s it! BUT… the bag is part if the 5-stage filtration system which is very impressive so it’s not a negative at all.
The Sauber Intelligence is a long-term, trustworthy, tested and recommended investment in your family’s health and wellbeing and I will gladly replace my old Dyson for it!
Sauber Intelligence is exclusively available from Godfrey’s stores so you know you are going to get qualified, experienced customer service and after sales care when you buy your Sauber. Visit the new Godfrey’s website today at www.godfreys.com.au
For more information the Sensitive Choice® Program by the National Asthma Council Australia visit www.sensitivechoice.com.au
For more specifications on the Sauber Intelligence SI-200 Cleaning System visit www.sauber.com.au
Don’t forget to mention this Product Review by Inspiring Mums® better still, print this out and take it with you!
Thanks for taking the time to invest in your wellbeing with me, Heather James, Founder, Inspiring Mums® www.inspiringmums.com.au
CONGRATULATIONS TO EMILY FUNK for winning herself a $400.00 special trade in voucher which will go towards the purchase of a Sauber from her nearest Godfrey’s store! Toot Toot! I couldn’t have wished for a more worthy little family to receive this gift just before Christmas! Emily is one of our Inspiring Mums VIP Community Members and dedicated to her and her family’s overall wellbeing!